Friday, 20 December 2013
Thursday, 19 December 2013
The trip there was quite "interesting". In short, all these things happened:
- flight out was overbooked and we got bumped on to a later flight, so several hours to kill at Edinburgh airport
- just missed bus to hotel so needed to get taxi there
- one of our group was almost unable to check in at hotel as they wanted our booking reference number, they didn't have a printed copy, and that's the one day when the university email system wasn't working well enough to retrieve it
- taxi didn't appear when ordered at airport - cue most animated conversation in German I've ever seen between hotel manager and taxi company, followed by scariest taxi ride ever (and I've been in an Italian taxi)
- lengthy question session by UK Border people for one of our group
- burst tyre five minutes from my house in Stirling
Still, we got there and back in one piece, and I did very briefly manage a quick trek into the centre of Zurich while waiting for the return flight. Here is some Swiss scenery:
PS: I'm told that Naomi answered "Zurich" to the question "where's your daddy today?" :-)
PPS: I'm quite entertained that this can be classed as a "day trip"!
Sunday, 8 December 2013
One thing she was very excited about was getting a Christmas tree.
Here we are having chosen the tree (as a side note, Sandy had the day off work and it turns out that Monday morning is an incredible time to buy a Christmas tree, the queue was non-existent!)
Here is Naomi making some decorations for the tree. She wanted to make it sparkly but the decorations were in the attic and I wasn't in a position to get it down on my own so I said she could make some things for it
Here is the tree with the decorations Naomi made
Here is the tree with a few more decorations including a star that Naomi made with Daddy yesterday.
We will be up in the North East for a fair wee while over Christmas and New Year so looking forward to catching up with you soon...
Wednesday, 4 December 2013
In the bath last night Naomi was having a lot of fun with her hippos. They were having a lot of adventures but at one point the pink one wasn't feeling well.
So, here we have the blue one being a doctor, the link one in the doctors bed, and the whale being, well, a whale. What else?
I like this stage of development :-)