We all have things we thought we would never do or say with or to our children, someone I follow on twitter thought they'd never use alcohol hand gel after a nappy change, they'd always wash their hands properly. They *thought* that's what they'd do!
So here are some things I'd heard parents do, that I genuinely thought I'd never, ever do (but do)!
- I do actually put my finger inside my children's noses to remove snot!
- Let my child have a fourth biscuit in ten minutes because I just don't have the energy to say no any more.
- Make a cup of tea that I not only don't finish but in fact don't even start.
- Give my child a biscuit to make it be quiet.
- Put cbeebies on to babysit my child for a minute or ten.
- Walk my child around in a buggy for an hour in the vain hope that it will make them fall asleep.
- Use a dummy
- Leave the house already covered in sick and aware of this fact without first changing my clothes.
- Shout at my child (Although I suspected this one might prove too hard, I had this crazy idea I would remain calm and in control and always use appropriate non-shouting discipline)
- Use my finger, covered in my own saliva, to clean a child's face.
And in related but happier news, I never really thought I'd paint with my child, I thought it would stress me out to much but here is Naomi and I enjoying a happy afternoon painting pictures (Miriam did some footprints too)